EPI-USE Africa’s Training and Change Consulting Services is currently offering internships to highly motivated, enthusiastic, creative and innovative newly graduated graphical designers or multi-media developers or instructional designers who wish to gain professional experience, within an international organisation, to supplement their studies.
Applicants must demonstrate a keen interest in education and the design and development of e-learning and other multi-media material.
The internship is for six months initially with the possibility of extension or permanent employment. Interns will be required to work full-time, eight hours per day, five days per week (Monday – Friday) under the supervision of senior staff members of the EPI-USE team. During the contracting period, time-off for studying purposes can be negotiated.
Preferred skills and interest
- Hands-on knowledge in multi-media design and development, instructional design, e-learning and web development
- Able to use the Adobe suite
- Exposure to using different rapid authoring tools
- Exposure to audio/video recording and editing programmes
- Familiarity with storyboarding
- Interest in adult learning theories and learning management systems
- Speak and write clearly and effectively
- Listen to others and correctly interpret messages
- Ask appropriate questions to clarify
- Tailor language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals
- Solicit input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; and display a willingness to learn from others
- Support and act in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Share credit for team accomplishments and accept joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Keep abreast of available and latest technology
- Understand applicability and limitations of technology in the work environment
- Actively seek to embrace and apply new technology when developing training or marketing material
Applicants must at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrolled in the final academic year of an appropriate institution (University or Design school)
- Have graduated with a university degree or diploma
Fluency in English (both oral and written).
Start date: 16 January 2017
For more information, contact Riekie Alberts at firstname.lastname@example.org